You should take sugar consumption seriously. It has negative effects on your body.
Here is how to decrease your consumption of sugar:
1. Eat a healthy diet that consists of vegetables, whole grains (complex carbohydrates), and protein. Increasing your protein helps with cravings. Try to put some soy or whey shakes into your diet. Another idea are high protein bars ( but look for the sugar in them). Many protein bars have high protein, but also high sugar content to make them taste good.
2. If you are a serious sugar-holic take a break from it- try to omit it and/or consciously limit your intake. Also limit your use of sweeteners such as refined sugar, corn syrup, and dextrose. Limit your use of honey and maple syrup. Eat fruit if you are craving sugar! This will give you some natural sugar.
3. Support your body with some B Vitamins, Vitamin C, Chromium, Calcium, Magnesium and the amino acid L-glutamine.
4. Drink 8 glasses of water a day or herbal tea
5. Make sure you have sufficient fiber in your diet to keep your body cleansed and light!
6. If you suspect you are hypoglycemic or diabetic, request the appropriate tests from your doctor such as a fasting blood sugar or a 5-6 hour glucose tolerance test.
Taken in part from: Haas, E. (2004), The New Detox Diet. Berkley, California. Celestial Arts