>In the winter, we need to watch our calories, and because of decreased activity, many of us put on weight!
Here are some ways to fight off the weight gain in the winter months.
There are specific ways that you can get into shape, but you have to follow the 5 components of fitness to achieve this goal:
Proper food Intake:
1. 70 % of your effort to get into shape is dictated by what you eat, therefore make good food choices such as lots of fruits and veggies, whole grains, and lean protein.
Remember the calorie deficit- Burning more energy (calories) than you consume is essential to weight loss
2. Conditioning: Cardio-Respiratory: You need to teach your body how to move so that it can burn fat! You need to be at your target heart rate when conditioning. ( get on that treadmill!)
3. Proper Supplementation: Add specific nutrients that you need for optimal results. Supplements such as protein shakes after a workout are essential. You also need to eat right in order to get all the vitamins and minerals needed for successful fitness.
4. Resistance Training: Through resistance training, you begin to increase your body’s ability to burn fat and improve bone density. (working out with weights helps to train your muscles to be stronger)
5. Professional Assistance: A personal coach can help you to learn proper technique, making your workouts more successful.
Taken in part from: Southtowns Fitness Center. http: www.southtownsfitness.com