>Here is a tip from Dr. Chopra ( author of books on the science of longevity) on how to live longer!
If you feel uncomfortable living in a dry, cold, windy climate, consider moving to a warm one, which is more conducive to balance in one’s life.
If you want to stay in a cold climate. This is what you need to do:
1. Make sure that your home and workplace has warm, humidified air
2. Avoid drafts and prolonged outdoor exercise in the winter
3. Eat warm, hearty foods at regular intervals
4. Eat all meals sitting down, eating on the run can disturb your balance for the day!
5. Try eating small meals throughout the day instead of large ones.
6. To stay warm try aroma therapy or warm baths with a few drops of fragrant oil. Choose scents that are warm, grounding and soothing such as wintergreen, sandalwood, camphor, cinnamon, basil, orange, rose geranium and clove.
Taken in Part from: Chopra, D. (1993) Ageless Body, Timeless Mind: The Quantum Alternative to Growing Older. New York, NY. Harmony Books